?

Log in

 
 
27 February 2007 @ 10:23 pm
Lets Make Turtle Tracks!  
Who: Mike and Tobi... feel free to jump in!
What: Ready to explore the rest of the station.
When: Day One. Nearly sunset around 5 o'clock. Earth time. 


------------- 

It has now been nearly half a day since their arrival, and so far they had survived those past twelve hours. 

Uninjured, but getting prepared for whatever may cross their path, they are ready to embark on a journy towards the currently unknown sections of the spacestation. Wheather or not they would meet into others, or come across more of the strange, invisible monsters is yet unknown. 

Much had been assumed and found, but nothing had yet been solidly confirmed. The only way to confirm the information they had managed to collect and gather, would only be if they were to locate any of the original spaceship's surviving crew. So far, only a few had been found, dead. 

The living are unaccounted for, due to the inability to find any clue of their existance. 

But the pair had found one thing to give them hope, the chance that there are at least two more survivors on this seemingly lifeless and abandoned station. Will they come across those two new arrivals, or will something prevent them from their meeting?  

Only time will tell if they would become friends or foes.

---------------
 
 
Current Location: Space Station
Current Mood: determineddetermined
 
 
 
tobi_ridley on February 27th, 2007 07:46 pm (UTC)
Tobi begins making a habit of opening every door that they pass, but several of them are locked. Almost all of the doors lead into nearly identical rooms, while one or two open up into storage rooms. Tobi yells and ducks as she opens a door and gets buried under an avalanche of half-folded blankets and sheets. Her confused face pops up from the middle of the pile, half covered with a rumbled bed sheet.

“Linen closet,” she says, “Not an office.”
nexus_champion on February 27th, 2007 08:00 pm (UTC)
((assuming they hadn't gone down the steps, are are currently still on Tobi's floor))

He snorted, muffling a laugh, before he cleared his throat and strode towards her, already shoving away the blankies and sheets. "That's what I call: Tumbling head first into trouble," he sniggered, and then brushed some dust from off her shoulders and head-wrap.

He then glanced into the room, and saw that ther was nothing there besides mops and laundry items. But then he spied a long stick, a mp, and with a grin he went into the room, dissconnected the mop head, and then exit the small spase.

Expertly, he tested the weight and streangth of the long wooden cane, tapping it to the floor before doing a short kata. Luckely, it was light and though not as thick as a real Bo staff should be, it would last them as a weapon for now.

He tucked the long rod behind his shell, just as his brother Don would do with his Bo, and then tugged at one of the sheets. So far, they had no need for those, but perhaps they'll make use of them later. "We'll have to remember this place if we run out of bandages." he murmured, "More than enough sheets to make mummies out of us." he grinned jokingly.

He then turned to the ward he had passed by when they had first arrived. He recalled a cushioned couch, hopefully they might find something of use in that place. "Wanna go check the lower floor, or check that ward first?"
tobi_ridley on February 27th, 2007 08:12 pm (UTC)
She blushes deeply in embarrassment as he helps her out of the pile of sheets and blankets. Her spots turn almost copper when she blushes, though the rest of her skin stays the same color. "It's not my fault!," she giggles, "Those blankets jumped right out and attacked me!"

She watches him grab the mop and swing it around like a staff, her expression bemused and confused at the same time. Then she suddenly realizes that he intends to use it as a weapon. "Oh, good idea!" she grins.

Tobi walks over and looks down the long ward, mulling over his question. “Lets check this room out first, then we’ll go downstairs. It’s probably a good idea if we’re as thorough as possible.”
nexus_champion on February 27th, 2007 08:24 pm (UTC)
"Thourough, right." he nodded, grinning. Blinked and then procused her combat knife from his pouch, "Oh yeah, and you sort of forgot to pick this up earlier, here." he handed it to her. "Never forget your weapons, trust me; you'd never know when ya need'em." he smiled.

He then closed the room's door, and headed towards the wide ward they had passed by earlier, ready to explore this place as much as possible.

So far, the place wasn't exactly a mess, but it wasn't overly cleaned, either. If robots had been the ones keeping it clean, Mike assumed that they had gone broken for maybe a month or two. Dus was in thin sheets coating every piece of furniture within the wide open space.

The place looked like a small cafe of sorts, a waiting lobby with rows of chairs and lots of tables. There was a far counter to the side, cups and assortments of dusty things lingered across it, but he was too far off to tell in detail.

Curiouse, he walked ahead towards the counter, noticing how much dust coated it and all the- shot glasses? Oh! It was a bar, there were shattered and broken bottles of martini, vodka and such alighned on the shelves, but only a lucky few were still intact.

"Guess they're out of survice..." he joked weakly. He didn't dare look past the counter, he was too afried to find a corpse lying on the floor beyond it. Uncomfortable, he stared across the rest of the room, spotting a funky, yet bizzar looking jukbox on the far corner.
tobi_ridley on February 27th, 2007 08:31 pm (UTC)
She smiles warmly as he hands her back her Swiss Army knife. "Thank you Mikey. I would've been sad if this'd gotten left behind." She pockets it and chuckles, "Though I'd hardly call it a weapon. It's too tiny to do much damage to anyone."

She follows him into the room and smiles a little at his joke. Perhaps a bit less cautious then he is, she walks around the bar. Fortunately she doesn’t find a body, but she does spot something that makes her shout with alarm.

A small, foot long creature, like a cross between a insect and a lizard hisses up at her. It's brownish scales become translucent, then invisible as it skitters away, chattering threateningly.

Tobi hops back, shivering with disgust and runs over to stand closer to Mikey. "Yuck! Ew ew! Ew!! Did you see that?!"
nexus_champion on February 27th, 2007 08:55 pm (UTC)
He whipped his head away from the jukbox and back towards her, frowning in alarm he huries besides her, "No, what? What is it?" he asked, already he put a hand on her shoulder, thinking something was abotu to jump at them or something.

He glanced across the empty little spot, but then squint his eyes. He could tell something was there, messy scribble like marks left clear prints on the dusty floor. Caustiously, he gently nudged Tobi aside and then stepped closer, checking the marks on the floor. They almost looked like those of an avegere house-newt(?) of sorts, except- a bit larger... this thing was either a fat node, or a really small komodo dragon. The paw prints and the size didn't match.

He frowned, confused, and then turned to Tobi, "Can you discribe it to me? what did you see exactly?"
tobi_ridley on February 27th, 2007 09:11 pm (UTC)
Still wearing a look of ick, she describes what she saw, "It looked like come kind of alien cockroach… It walked like a little lizard but it had an exoskeleton, y’know? Then it turned clear and ran over that way.” She points at the other end of the bar. “N’it had a stinger too! Yuck!”

She looks around and rubs her shoulders, finally getting over her case of heebie-jeebies. “It ran away, so I think I probably scared it.”
nexus_champion on February 27th, 2007 09:25 pm (UTC)
"It looked like a lizard...?" he murmured.

Reflecting on the fact that this strange creature, as well, had suddenly turned invisible and ran away, gave him a very bad feeling. Why were the animals- or if he could call them animals; the creatures within this building have the ability to vanish, or turn insivible?

Was it a skill being tested, and worked too welll for them, or wa flaw of sorts that allowes them to conceal themselves from the enemy? Why were the two creatures thay had come across, thus far, a mix of two being in one body?

"The first one we met looked liek a mix between a dog and a lizard, but it was half my size... you don't suppose we just scared off one of it's kids, do you?" he smiled wearily, "The mommy or daddy must be mad I took out some teeth, sue me to the toothfairy, see if I care; but I bet it wouldn't be too pleased with us picking on it's kid." he murmured.

Scanning the rest of the open space, there really wasn't much to be seen aside the jukbox. "Wanna move on to another floor?" He turned to Tobi, he put a hand on her shoulder, rubbing it gently, trying to comfort her. "If you're not comfortable going down there, I'll take the lead, that okay with you?" he offered.
tobi_ridley on February 27th, 2007 09:34 pm (UTC)
"Yeah, one of those little lizards, y'know?" she asks, holding her hands a few inches apart. "It it was the big monster's kid, then yeah, I don't really want to mess with it either."

She smirks at him when he suggests that she might be scared. "Not comfortable? Ha! Even so, you probably have a better idea of what we're doing then I do. So... After you, Fearless Leader."

She steps toward the door, then gestures toward it smiling warmly.
nexus_champion on February 27th, 2007 09:58 pm (UTC)
Mike Really felt like correcting her, dubbing him with that title that belonged to his brother, but then figured that since he didn't actually tell her much about his Leo, it didn't really matter. If the other Leo turned out to be a guy, he'll explain it to her then.

So for now he'll just keep his guard up, in case that thing did come with back up, or if there was a miniture army of the little guy. No time to slack off now that there is a chance to mutt-thing would be back to bite him on the tail, Hard!

Calmly, he made his way towards the staircase and paused for only a moment, to sence if there were any threats nearby. So far, nothing but the cameras, so he ignored them for now and quietly continued down the steps. After a moment with nothing to proove that trouble was coming, they finally reached the flat, solid ground of the fifth floor.

Mike paused for a moment, and then looked around just to make sure, before he quietly marched towards the sleeping dorms. They reached his bedroom, and he used the key to open the door; half way he pondered how anyone got into his room to use the computer if the door was still locked. So did someone have a matching key, or a skeleton key?

"Lets take a break for a moment, I got a bad feeling tingling, and my turtley-senses are telling me wondering around right about now may not be a good idea." he gestured towards the room, before he sent the ward they stood in an uncomfortable scowl, "Lets lay low for a while, just to be sure." he suggested.
tobi_ridley on February 27th, 2007 10:18 pm (UTC)
She nods agreeably and looks around as well, wondering what he's scowling at. He had a bad feeling before just before they met the first monster, so Tobi is smart enough to know that something dangerous must be around, even if she can’t see it.

Her stomach growls loudly then, and she chuckles in embarrassment. “Sorry,” she says quietly, “Forgot I haven’t eaten anything since this morning. I wish I had grabbed some food before we left my room…”

She follows him into the room, and then takes a weary seat on one of the chairs, “And we’ve been walking around all day haven’t we? My feet are starting to ache.” She gives him a small smile, “Sorry, I shouldn’t complain…”
nexus_champion on February 28th, 2007 01:14 pm (UTC)
He smirked, the rumbly in her tumbly was a much needed positive distraction. The heckles on the back of his neck, which he doesn't really have, had stood on ends again as if a in icy cold hand was pressed to his warmer skin. Something he couldn't yet detect was coming, and he didn't like it, because it was approching fast!

Once inside the room, he locked the door, then stuffed a small rug under the open slot under the door, before he firmly barricaded it with a small bed-desk. Stepping back, he gave it a critical look, before he turned to Tobi with a forced smile.

"I dunno what's going on, but better safe than sorry," he murmured. At her stomach arguing again, he chuckled and poked a finger at the fridge, "Help yourself, it was well stocked when I left the room, so I'm gonna check my computer for a minute, might have been 'befriended' too, while I was gone." he explined, already heading towards the machine.
tobi_ridley on February 28th, 2007 01:35 pm (UTC)
She watches him barricade the door with an arched brow of confusion. 'Better safe then sorry' he says, but his smile is forced. He's worried about something... scared even? The thought of Mikey being scared of whatever is out there frightens Tobi more then a little. She shakes her head, as if to rattle the thoughts loose and out of her head. No, Mikey was a four time Battle Nexus Champion; he came from a harsh world and a good family. No matter what was out there, Mikey would be able to handle it, and she would help him in every way she could.

She offers him a smile back which quickly turns genuine when he points out the fridge. She walks over and laughs, finding it stocked with junk food. Much of it she can’t recognize because they simply don’t have foods like that where she comes from. “What would my mama say if she caught me having soda and candy bars for dinner?” she chuckles to herself. She picks up a couple of chocolate bars and a soda and walks back over to the chair.

"Did anyone put a watch on your journal?" she asks, popping the tab on the soda.
nexus_champion on February 28th, 2007 01:52 pm (UTC)
"Right now, I was added by turtle_warriorf and Tobi_redly, but no Leo dude," he murmured, checking the history for anything else, but it came out empty. He surfed across the LAN but didn't find anything worthwhile, in his eyes. It just looked like a linked community of sorts where multiple people could post, and others could read what's written.

He huffed, discontent with the lack of findes, and then glanced at Tobi for a moment, wanting to say something, only for his senses to tingle. He whipped his head around and towards the door, then siffly signaled for her not to make a sound. Soundlessly, he pushed off the chair and put on hand on his nunchuck, but didn't pull it out.

There was the faintest scratching sound coming from beyond the barricaded door. A moment later the low growling hiss and louder clawing sounds could be heard, a dog-like noise as something seems to shake the door followed. Mike felt his heart race, something was trying to tear out the door!

"I think we got company." he whispered, and then took out the long rod from behind his shell and handed it to Tobi, "I hope you know Bo jutsu, cause you might need to clobber something soon." he continued, now facing the door again, steeling himself for the possible battle, "It's invisible, probably half my size, but still it is really quick, so keep your ears perked."

The doorknob continued to shake and rattle, before a loud 'Thump!' came, as the beast outside headbutted the wooden frame. The small dresser was pushed forwards about an inch or two, and as another headbutt came, it was shoved farther.

"It's coming, get ready!" he urged, now pulling out both nunchucked, he started twirling them, "We don't know if it's alone, so stay on your guard! If they're too many, we split and go to the top level as fast as possible, then take the empty elevator shaft back to the bottom. Hopefully the cable will be able to keep up above the still open doors. That way they wont be able to follow us. We'll seek shelter in the lower floor, okay?" He blurt out a plan from the top of his head.

As the door adorned a crack to it's side, as more scratching sounds came, Mike swallowed, "On a aside note, I'm open for suggestions..."
tobi_ridley on February 28th, 2007 02:32 pm (UTC)
Tobi's heart jumps into her throat when Mikey pads toward the door. She doesn't have to hear the noises on the other side of the door, Mikey's behavior and her own instincts tell her there’s something dangerous outside trying to get in.

He hands her the mop handle as she stands up and she holds it close to her chest, gripping it with pale knuckles. She decides to keep the fact that she’s only read about bojitsu in books to herself and only nods to Mikey’s comment about needing to clobber something. Invisible or not, she’s ready to hit something!

She can’t help the squeak of surprise and fright that springs from her chest as the door thumps and the dresser scoots forward. She scoots behind him, her hands clasping and unclasping on the wooded shaft of the makeshift bo. Tobi listens to his plan, and repeats it silently to herself, ‘stay on guard, meet up at the top level and take the shaft down to the bottom’.

Any suggestions? “Yeah,” she chuckles nervously, “Don’t get dead.” Then she blinks, and gasps, looking around, “Wait! Yes! The soda!!”

She runs over to the fridge and grabs a can of soda, shaking it up as fast as she can. “Spray the soda on the monster, and we can still see it if it goes invisible!” she explains quickly, running back to stand beside him again.
nexus_champion on February 28th, 2007 02:47 pm (UTC)
At her comment not to die, he shot her an assuring grin, "I don't plan to, I owe my dad a hug when I get back home, and I cant do that if I'm dead." he reasoned simply.

He couldn't help but grin at the suggestion to use the soda, "Spray them with something sticky, ew. Good plan," he accepted a can and tucked it in his belt, hopefully once a chance makes itself present, he'll give the can a good shake and spray it all over the thing. If it has hair, them the fur would absorb the fizzy drunk, if not, then it'll easy get shaken off and retain it's invisibility.

No sooner had that went though his mind, the dest was shoved away and the doorknob fell out of place, the broken gap it left in the door was then replaced by a large, rounded yellowish orb, an eye peeking through the hole. Mike felt his skin prickle violently before the figure lingered and turned invisible. A few more thumps and the door was shoved open.

He could head the sounds of the animal's pads as they step on the cool tile floor, and then there were paw-shaped prints on the rug. He focused, still swinging one chuck, he didn't reach for the soda yet cause he figured the creature was ready, it'll dodge the spray quicker, so he had to exhast it a little and catch it off guard, befor trying to spray it.

Either that, or wait till Tobi gets it from behind while he distracts it.

The beast snarled, and the mouth opened, but showing a maw full of teeth, there werent any missing teeth in this one. The being's body was mirage-like just like the first one, but this one's eyes flickered a little more clearly, yet still hazey, as if they weren't there.

Mike furrowed, those eyes looked odd, almost as if--... ? He had a thought came to mind. He quietly picked up a short pencil and tossed it towards the other side of the room. It hit a nearby table, before it cluttered to the floor and rolled a short distance away. And just as he didpected, the beast perked at the noise and the eyes seemed to stare at where the pencil had fallen.
tobi_ridley on February 28th, 2007 03:06 pm (UTC)
She smiles, reassured by Mikey’s confidence and his remark. It reminded her that she had to go home an hug her mama too. Her relief is short lived however.

She sees the beast’s strange yellow eye peering through the hole in the door and she can’t help the ‘eeep!’ that squeaks out of her. She steps a bit closer to Mikey without thinking about it and lifts her staff like a batter getting ready to swing. It slowly stalks into the room, then opens it’s horrible mouth in a growl. It’s the weirdest thing Tobi’s ever seen – a disembodied mouth full of sharp teeth just floating over the floor.

Then, for some strange reason, Mikey picks up something and throws it across the room. …And the monster seems to follow the sound! Was it blind?? A surge of hope flares through Tobi, and she presses her mouth shut, determined not to make a noise. If it tracked by sound, she was determined to make sure the last thing it hears is a good solid smack.
nexus_champion on February 28th, 2007 03:22 pm (UTC)
'Bingo!' Mike grinned to himself, not daring to make a sound. The creature may not be 100% blind, but the hazy look on it's yes told him it didn't see too well in-- That's right! The dirty old lobby where they had encountered the first one was really dark, and there weren't any windows to shed any light from the ourtside as well.

It would explain why the injured monster didn't follow them, it didn't like the lobby's bright lights! Was the one keeping this place in shape aware of that? If so, does that mean he or she is somewhere on this floor? Or was he on another floor where it was less likely for these creatures to find him?

Those creatures probably had more deadly hunting skills in the dark, and with sharp hearing they're like bats, they can detect where the victum is using soundwaves, meaning that they were weaker in the light and relied souly on their hearing.

Also, they might use their sense of smell, but thus far, he had nothing solid to proove regarding that thoery...

He turned to Tobi and with a single finger, tapped the side of his head and pointing to his ears, and made a negative gesture, before making a 'zip your lips' and shushing signal. He knew she was smart, she probably figured it out already, but even so he let her know, just in case.

Again, he turned to the monster that had now padded towards the pencil, it began to peer at it as if expecting it to move, and then gestured for Tobi to follow as he oh-so-painfully slow, took the can out of his belt. He knew shaking it now would make a sound that would attackt the beast, but if it's blind, it wont jump at him, right?

He handed Tobi the can, and signaled for her to move away to the side. Not too far, he didn't want that thing to jump at her before he could do something to prevent it, but far enough so if the beast did jump, he'd be able to whack it a good one, without fearing of clobbering Tobi if she's within chucking-zone.

He took his chucks and took a few steps towards the door, and holding the two wooden bars together, he gently shook the links, a soft rattling sound came. Instantly, the beast's head whirled towards him, and a dog like snarl came, as it slowly paced towards him, it's mirage-like body hazily dancing across the room... it didn't look like it would jump at him yet, but the jaw hanging in midair didn't look too assuring.
tobi_ridley on February 28th, 2007 03:32 pm (UTC)
Mikey gestures for her to keep quiet, which is conformation enough that he's come to the same conclusion that she has. It IS blind! Well... blind enough. She sneaks after Mikey slowly until he indicates for her to move aside. She does so, grinning like she's playing a game.

She tucks the staff under her arm and watches Mikey lure the monster away. She slowly, carefully prepares the shaken up soda can, and puts her fingers on the tab, waiting for just the right moment to hose it down. If anything, the cold, sticky liquid would give the beastie one heck of an unpleasant surprise. And hey! If it tracked by scent, the soda would overpower it's nose!

She watches Mikey, ready to blast soda all over the thing at a moment’s notice.
nexus_champion on February 28th, 2007 03:43 pm (UTC)
So far, he doesn't dare make a sound, just outstreatches his arm and makes the chuck links jingle softly towards the door. The beast, naturally followes, but then pauses a short distance between where Mike was. the growling softenes intill it's suddenly dead silent, the mbody continues to hazily dance witht eh bright lights of the room.

That's when the meast hunches up a little, as if ready to leap at the creature in front of it, and oddly enough the invisibility falters, showing the faintest shade of brown-like globed body, and a humming sounds starts somewhere in the ceiling. The lights falter and blinks, and the powr looks like it's about to black out.

Well, at least now they knew what caused the humming earlier. Mike could feel some sort of static in the air and it cause an uncomfortable pressure to form in his head, it added a slight twing of pain to the back of his eyes, like a maigrain of sorts. It hurt. He shook his head and tried to focus on the beast, but the lack of adrinaline rush make channeling away the pain a little harder to do, not without the drive to do it.

Annoying, and maybe a bit hasty, against his better judgement, he glanced at Tobi and nodded, signaling the best chance to spray the thing. If this creature is trying to do something, they'd better distract it and get the first move. No way was he going to give it the chance to take out the lights, especially if it could see better in the dark!
tobi_ridley on February 28th, 2007 04:11 pm (UTC)
Tobi waits eagerly for her signal, and tenses up a little when the monster hunches. But then it starts... humming? No, the lights start humming! And flickering! The beast could control the electricity in the room somehow??

Tobi bit her lip, hoping really hard that the lights wouldn’t go out. Being a sea turtle, and being designed to plunge to the deepest, darkest parts of the ocean, her eyes could see remarkably well in extremely low light, but total darkness was another thing all together!

Fortunately, the same biology that makes her able to see in the dark also allows her to withstand the extreme pressure of the deep sea, and the sudden change in air pressure doesn’t effect her. She doesn’t even notice, so she catches Mikey’s signal without distraction. She nods and a grins splits across her face as she pops the tab on the soda.

The sticky, fizzy brown liquid spurts out of the can with a wild hiss, instantly dousing the creature and covering it with froth. The froth becomes a syrupy, bubbly goo in a few moments, sticking to the creature like thin tar. She looks at the can in disbelief and makes a face. “What’s in this stuff?” she asks in disgust.

Her eyes widen, and she gets that unmistakable ‘oh crap!’ look on her face, realizing that she just made herself a very loud and very obvious target. She throws the can across the room, hoping the sound will distract the monster and lifts her staff, ready to defend herself.
nexus_champion on February 28th, 2007 05:11 pm (UTC)
"Hey! Ugly! Over here!" Were the first thing on Mike's mind when Tobi suddenly earned the beast's attantion.

It had shrieked and squirmed, trying to shake off the sticky sap-like substance that had latched onto it's flesh, and for a moment, Mike almost saw a bear cub-sized dog, but with a strange beetle-like back, it even had a split in the middle, liek where the wings would be. But that's all he could tell as the fizz left a few splotches here and there, mostly on the beasts's now apperantly furry forearms and legs.

It whipped its head around to where Tobi spoke, so that's why he called out for it, trying to gain it's attantiom, he rattled his chain again, and the beast was lost between which turtle to jump at. It continued to look from one to the other, measuring the 'catch' and if it was worth it.

The thing had six legs, Mike realized as it positioned itself defensively between them. Two arms, and four legs. The limbs clearly had a very, very thing layer of fur coating it, but not too thick, the fizz was slowly being absorbed or dripping off, meaning it wont remain visible for long. The hands were like that of a chameleon, it had three fingers and a thumb, but the legs were lizard like, curling into a ball when dissconnecting from the floor.

The face, however looked a mix between a god and- disturbingly, a human! Like those Dokebi demons in Japanese folklor! A large roundish nose with a huge gapping mouth, huge eyes blurred within the sockets of the face, but the creature almost didn't have a neck, the head was directily attached to the shoulders, but it could turn like that of a turtle.

"Yeesh! YOu sure are ugly, ugly!" He couldn't help but grouse, "No wonder there are no mirrors around here, you'd probably give yerself nightmares!" he teased. Glanced up at Tobi, just to make sure she was holding up on her own, and then slowly, every so carefull, walked backwards, stepping out of the room, "C'mon, ya want a piece of me?"

the beast howled and jumped at him, and with a startled cry, Mike smacked it on the head with his chucks and bolted off, "Follow me, stupid!" he shouted, and paused a few feet away, giving the beast a chance to follow. Once it recovered, it appeared to be very, very peeved, so it snarled and leaped after him.

Mike couldn't remember the last time he emitted his famouse 'girly scream' cause he didn't think of it, not until ha rounded the corner and up towards the elvator shaft, -hopefully make it fall into the pit and die, and be something less to worry about- making sure the thing was right behind him, and didn't stick to where Tobi was at. The last thing he'd want would be for it to get tired of him and go back to her.
tobi_ridley on February 28th, 2007 05:22 pm (UTC)
Fortunately Mikey pipes up before it attacks her, drawing off it’s attention. Whew! It looks confused for a moment, as if it can't decide who to attack. That's fine by Tobi, and she readies herself just in case. If it decides to attack her, it'll get a mouth full of mop handle, that's for sure.

Boy it’s ugly looking! Even worse then the little one in the bar. Tobi can’t help but blanch in disgust at the sight of it. Mikey taunts it, and she isn’t sure if the monster can really understands him, but it does look pretty peeved. It starts stalking after Mikey as he backs out of the door.

Tobi edges around behind it, waiting for it to exit the room before she does too. Suddenly Mikey makes a break for it, yelling taunts as he leads the snarling thing down the hall. She brinks as a little girl’s frantic scream echoes down the hall. Was that Mikey??

She runs out of the room – or tries to. She’s holding the mop handle lengthwise and it slams into the doorway, and she ends up running into it, knocking herself onto her shell. She gets up after a moment and picks up the staff again, running down the hall after Mikey and the monster. She wants to yell for Mikey, to make sure he’s still okay, but she knows that he’s going through a lot of effort to keep the monster away from her. She isn’t going to make a waste of all his effort.

Still… He screams like a little girl?!
nexus_champion on February 28th, 2007 05:45 pm (UTC)
His heart was wildly beating in his chest as he zoomed across the lobby. He had to recochet off the walls to dash past the twists and turnes without having to stop. The monster prooved faster than expected, it nearly snapped it's jaws on his widdle tail! He squeaked and ran faster when it almost did, but giving it enough time to catch up, though.

Past the bedroom lounge, across the corridor, and through the dinning lobby he knocked a chair off to the floor, but the monster jumped over it, resaulting a really heavy 'THUMP!' when it landed. Mike kept a mental note that though these things were fast, but were also heavier than they look.

He finally reaches the elevator lounge and skids to a halt, nearly tripping off the corpse that still lay in a crumbled heap on the floor. He quickly leaps into the empty shaft and again, like a bullet, recochets off the wall like a frog leaping upwards, using his speed and momentum to jump and grasp the cable with one hand.

But sadly for his luck, the cable had a sharp edge and bit into his palm, but it came as a dull ache soon lost to the beast, unknowingly, jumping in after him, snarling and hussing, if not cursing him for the lump on it's skull. Due to the darkness, the beast didn't notice the lack of floor, and fell into the bottomless hole with a surprised, loud, ear popping screech.

He watched, panting breathlessly, as the figure took shape and a loud crunchy 'Thwack!' echoed, before a pained and gurgled series of screeches, sqeaks and- grouse squishy noises followed. It sounded like those larva things when you pop them, they make icky squishy sounds, it put images in his head, and he found them very disgusting.

He sighed softly, figuring it was over, but then blinked and felt a tinge of pain in his hands. Looking up, he stared at the top of the shaft, his hand was slightly bleeding, but nothing bad, just stings.

What really took his attantion was the light coming from above. Somewhere around the highest top floor, something shadowy suddenly vanished and the elevator doors closed. The shaft was dark and empty again.

Mike blinked... there was someone up there...
tobi_ridley on February 28th, 2007 05:55 pm (UTC)
Her breath comes in ragged, painful gasps as she struggles to keep up with Mikey and the monster. She thought she was fast, but those two were incredible! She stumbles when she passes the knocked over chair, and she's several yards away from the elevator lobby when she hears that horrible screeching noise.

She spots the empty elevator shaft, and the bottom half of Mikey when she hears the gut churning crunch of the monster hitting the bottom of the shaft. She skids to a stop, her stomach heaving sickly at the sound. "Eeew..." she groans, pressing her hand over her mouth.

She trots over to the open shaft and looks down, but fortunately its too dark to see the mess at the bottom. She looks up at Mikey, dangling like a green piñata from the elevator cable. "Are you okay?" she asks, smiling with relief.
nexus_champion on February 28th, 2007 06:16 pm (UTC)
He nodded once, catching his breath, and then slowly swings his legs a bit towards the opening. He complemented climbing the cord up to the upper floor, but the thing looked rusty, and he didn't want to take the chance of it snapping with his massive weight. His shell might be hard, but a fall this distance high would surly kill him, even if the beast below would soften the fall, if only barely.

Careful, he lets go of the cord and managed to land on the edge of the shaft. Wobbling a bit, he quickly swings his hands forward and they land on Tobi's shoulders. His injured hand stings like shell, but it's bareable. Stepping away from the shaft he glances down, but cant see the monster.

"Well, that's one down.. god knows much much to go." he murmured. and then withdrew his hand, and stared at the cut across his palm. He croweld, some loose wires must've sliced right across his hand, the red essense was dribbling down his wrist now. With a hiss, he gripped his wrist and squeezed gently, preventing the flow of blood to lessen the bleeding, "I think we can make use of those rolls right now." he offered her a weak smile.

He glanced at the body, still laid on the floor. He couldn't help but notice that they sort of looked human, and yet there was just something- different about them. The front teeth, upper jaw looked more pronounced, like that of a horse, and the skull looked a bit more egg-shaped on the back of the head.

Well, Raph always did joke at Don and call him an egghead. The thought braught a tiny quirked smile, but nothing else.

The neck, shoulders and legs looked pretty human, though the fingers looked a little leangther than normal. The rest of the skeleton was covered in the tattered clothes, and he had no desire to touch them.
tobi_ridley on February 28th, 2007 06:24 pm (UTC)
Her eyes widen when she feels something warm and wet on her shoulder when he grabs her. She looks over and her eyes nearly bug out in concern. "You're bleeding!" she cries.

She can see that it isn't deep, but he's loosing a lot of blood, and it probably hurts like hell. He asks about the first aid kit and her expression wilts. "I'm sorry Mikey..." she nearly whimpers in shame, "I forgot it back in your room..."

She quickly sucks up her feelings of shame and pulls her handkerchief off of her head. Her spots cover her head, getting bigger at the top of her skull. She takes his arm gently and wraps it around his palm, tying it off at the back of his hand. "There..." she says softly, "That will do until we find something proper to bandage it with, right?" She looks at him apologetically again, for forgetting their carefully collected supplies.
nexus_champion on February 28th, 2007 06:43 pm (UTC)
"But your- !?" he begins to protest, not wanting to dirty her head wrap, but she was already done.

With a small smile he gives her head a friendly ruffle, as if she had hair, and grins, "Ah, no one blames you. Given the suituation, grabbing the stuff would have been the last thing on my mind. Frankly, I would have thought that it'll just slow us down." he explained, and then flexed his fingers, forcing a grin even when his palm stung.

"Now, as much as I hate grave digging and disrespecting the dead, we're gonna have to check if this guy has an ID card. If not, we might have to rpy the other elevators open, or our only choice would be checking the other corpse down the bottom." he looked down the hole, where the three other bodies, and now plus the beast, had dropped.

"Next, we need to haul shell to the highest floor possible. Somewhere with bright lights, cause I'm guessing these monsters like it dark." he glances at the elevator shaft, before staring at the ceiling, "I think there was someone up there, one of the elevator doors was open, but then it was dark again." he murmured.
tobi_ridley on February 28th, 2007 06:55 pm (UTC)
She giggles when Mikey rubs her head, a little blush coming to her spots. She’s relieved that he isn’t upset with her.

At his suggestion Tobi nods and starts to shuffle through the bones, inspecting the lab coat pockets and the rest of the ratty, rotten clothing draped over the skeleton. She wrinkles her muzzle in distaste at the smell, but otherwise seems unfazed by the grisly task. Her search is soon rewarded with a credit-card sized white piece of metal, clipped to the skeleton’s belt. “This looks like a security pass, y’know?” she asks, holding it up and grinning. “Do you want me to hold on to it? Y’know, since I have pockets?”

She wipes her hands on her pants and reaches for his hand, inspecting her make-shift bandaging job. She knows it’s only a small cut, but she’s very concerned for him. He’s saved her life twice today and gotten himself hurt for her. She looks at him and smiles softly, thinking how nice he is to do such a thing for a girl he only just met. “You really are brave, y’know… Even if you do scream like a little girl.”
nexus_champion on February 28th, 2007 07:12 pm (UTC)
Mikey could have sworn his face was glowing rediant red by now, at the fact she heard him scream like a little girl. He screamed? Oh. Man! He really thought he got rid of that embaressing habit! Embaressdly, he caughed and looked away murming a small 'Uhh.. thanks.' while she picked at the corpse, busy trying to hide how much his face is changing color.

When she discovered the card, he nodded. Since she had pockets, it's better she'd hold onto it. There was a less risk it'll get dropped or lost somewhere. "You hold onto it, less likely to get lost that way." he confirmed.

He rubbed the back of his neck, still flustered at the 'girly scream' but spoke none of it. Moments later they were back at the bedroom lounge to fetch their things. Mike logged off the computer, and since the door was broken, they wont be any need for the key, but he kept it anyway. Picking up the first air kit, he flicked it open and took out the roll, before he searched for the alchocol to clean the wound. There was a chance there was rust on the cable, and he didn't want any of that stuff forming puss on his hand, he had to clean it out.

"Um, where did you out that bottle of vodka?" he looked at her, needing the item to clean out the cut. He was already untying her head-wrap and then set it aside, took a large cotton and used it to wirpe the blood from around his palm, but not on the actual wound. If it wasn't clean enough, it might carry more gearms than the cable, and he didn't want that. Instead, he walked to the dresser, pulled out another grey shirt, and squeezed his hand, forcing all the dirty blood out.

"Get the bottle ready, I'm gonna have to rense this out as much as possible, that cable was pretty rusty." he informed.
tobi_ridley on February 28th, 2007 07:17 pm (UTC)
She follows him into the room and immediately goes for her pillow case full of supplies. She takes out the bottle of vodka and walks over to him, unscrewing the cap. "Ready," she says, holding out the bottle, ready to poor the clear liquor over his hand. She knows it’ll hurt, but she knows just as well as he does that it has to be done. When she was little, she and her fellow kemps ridley turtles had to wash out their wounds with sea water. The scars on her wrists throb and sting just remembering the pain. She shakes her head and smiles reassuringly at Mikey, ready to help him even if it means hurting him a little.
nexus_champion on February 28th, 2007 07:27 pm (UTC)
Mike braces himself and nods, and after a second Tobi pours the liquid onto his cut. He yelped and hissed, squeezed his eyes shut and squeezed his wrist tighter, pushing out whatever dirty blood was still in his wound. They didn't need to use a lot, the cut wasn't bleeding too badly or too deep, so after a bit of cleaning with a cotton, before she helped him wrapp it nice and snug witht he bandages.

Next, he took the grey shirt off the floor and used it to absorb whatever liquid from the floor, before disposing it into the trashbin. No need to leave any trace of blood in the room, if there was one thing animals can trace, it was blood.

"Now, lets make like bananas and split, before more of those ugly things come looking. We'll go to the upper levels, I think there is a lesser chance they'll get to us, especially those floors are in good shape." he told, and then guestured out of the room.

Once off this level, they might actually bump into someone, who knows...